Thursday, October 18, 2012

The taste of things to come.


Welcome to my new blog, Southern Nosh. I decided to stay in Lexington after falling in love with its Mid-South charm, and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Along with a wonderful arts culture I discovered quickly Lexington had a diverse, ever growing food scene, as do many other of the southern cities and states in this area. I also realized many people outside of the South (some in even inside), had no idea about the culinary world here. That’s where this blog comes in.

I decided to create a blog all about the past, present, and future of our unique cuisine. From festivals to food trucks, this blog will explore all the ways we enjoy food down south. Plus I'll dig up and share old country recipes (and yes there will be fried food), post restaurant reviews, and cover any issues relating to southern noshing.

Okay, so the back-story is done. In the next entry we will eat! Okay, I am going to eat but you will get to read about it. Hmm, sounds like more fun on my end, doesn't it? Well, I'll take pictures of the cuisine so you can see what I sampled...still not helping? Well, you'll learn where to get the food, and depending where you are, you will get the experience of a nice convenient fall walk in town or a fun road trip. That's all I can give you.

Tomorrow will feature my first of five blogs on local restaurants with great meals under six dollars! Stay tuned!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment