Monday, October 22, 2012

Today I finally take a stand, well, I visit a hot dog stand, at least

For today’s installment of 5 great lunches under $6, we travel to Sam’s Hot Dog Stand, downtown Lexington. Although, not a Mom and Pop restaurant , it is a local southern chain. With locations solely in Kentucky, Virginia, and West Virginia, I thought I should check it out. Sam's opened their first stand in Huntington, West Virginia and there is a rather interesting origin story, which you can check on the website (link provided below).
The prices and menu may vary slightly from location to location, but my research found you can get a filling lunch for under $6 at all Sam’s spots. A classic Sam hot dog in Lexington will run you $1.50. For that price you get your choice of mild or Spicy Chili, and a variety of condiments. Yes, even you loveable weirdoes who like mayonnaise on your hot dog will be accommodated. I purchased two hot dogs and a drink, which was slightly over the four dollar mark.
For this dining experience I chose one mild and one spicy dog. I ordered both with a heaping potion of sauerkraut, and a little mustard. Simple, and to the point, like myself. Okay, so all my friends would tell you neither of those qualities are true about me. Look, we’re getting off track. Let’s get back to the reviewing the dogs, shall we? Each chili had a hearty taste and great consistency, making the meal both tasty and easy to eat. No Fork required, if you get me. The dogs themselves had a satisfying flavor as well.
Therefore, if you are downtown in Lexington, enjoying the Arts Center, coming from a movie at the Kentucky, or paying a traffic ticket, check out Sam’s for a tasty, affordable lunch. Especially, if you’re downtown for legal reasons, you’ll need to save money, tickets are expensive. Also, as I said earlier, there are locations throughout Kentucky and the Virginias, so check them out too if you’re in those areas.

Sam's Hot Dog Stand
109 S Limestone
Lexington, KY 40507(859) 253-3192
http://www.samshotdogs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment